Friday, August 22, 2008

New Book: Yoga As Medicine...

I was thrilled to find out that Dr. Timothy Mccall, a Western trained internist and a yoga practitioner himself, authored a book entitled: Yoga as Medicine: The Yogic Prescription for Health and Healing. A lot of people have recognized yoga as an "alternative medicine" for quite some time now, but the medical community is finally embracing it as a "medicine." Yoga is finally getting the credit it deserves!

The book offers several chapters on how to treat conditions such as arthritis, asthma, back pain, cancer, depression, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, multiple sclerosis, and many others with yoga. I just ordered it myself from Amazon and can't wait to incorporate the knowledge I gain from it in my own classes. If you're interested in purchasing it yourself, you can do so on Amazon at: http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Medicine-Prescription-Health-Healing/dp/0553384066 Or, just borrow it from me, when I'm done with it!

Blessings and Namaste,
Anna

No comments: