Sunday, October 26, 2008

How to do Urdhva Mukha Svanasana (Upward Facing Dog) Properly!

Upward Facing Dog is a challenging pose for most beginners. In fact, you should probably start out with an easier backbend like the low cobra. But once you've built up strength in your arms and wrists, you can progress to upward facing dog.

I struggled with this pose myself when I started. There's just so many potentials for misalignment or hurting yourself. A lot of people just do it incorrectly. I found this video to be very helpful in giving you some good alignment tips to make sure that your do this pose with integrity and ease.

This pose as you know has many benefits such as:

1. Strengthens the arms and wrists
2. Increases the flexibility of the spine
3. Stretches the chest, lungs, shoulders and abdomen
4. Opens the heart and lungs

Watch this video and let me know how it goes:


Blessings and Namaste,

Anna

No comments: