Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Life Would Be Boring Without a Little Wine....
For those of you who are starting your holiday shopping and celebrations already, here is a pose to cure that hangover or just simply destress :) After all, life would be boring without a little wine and a few bad habits. Use this pose to help flush the toxins out of your body this holiday season...
Reclining Big Toe Pose
This pose improves digestion which is a good thing if you are spending too much time in the donut shop.
1. Lie on your back on the floor.
2. Bend the right knee to your chest.
3. Grab the big toe with the first two fingers of your right hand. You can use a strap or bend your knee, if grabbing your toe is unavailable to you!
4. Straighten the right leg vertically.
5. Keep both legs straight and strong. Hold for 30 seconds. Repeat to the other side.
Focus Points: Actively press leg and butt into the floor, don't let them ride up.
Other Benefits: Relieves hip joints. Eases menstrual pain. Tones spine. Eases stiff lower back and back of legs.
(The cute image above is courtesy of http://www.iyogalife.com/ and http://www.rescuegirl.com/)
Blessings and Namaste,