Friday, January 2, 2009

Do more Yoga!! My intention for 2009!


One of my New Year's INTENTIONS is to do more yoga myself in 2009. To that end, I woke up early on New Year's Day excited to go to Michael Ryan's special class at the Yoga Room for the start of the New Year. What I forgot was that the trains were running on a Sunday schedule, and I wound up showing up 15 minutes late for class and couldn't get into the class since it had already started and they couldn't here they buzzing!! I was sooo disappointed!! So, I wound up taking a walk around town instead and going to church. I have to admit I haven't been to church in a while, but it was a nice introspective and meditative experience. I prayed for peace. :)

Anyway, I realize a lot of you have your New Year's Resolutions/Intentions (I know I have a lot), so here's some help in manifesting them in your life:

Samkalpa literally means "intention." We meditate on our Sampkalpas so that we can root our goals into the unconscious part of our beings from where they can then manifest into realities. According to the yogis, that which is in our unconscious, is the most difficult to call upon yet the most empowering when it comes to motivating our intentions.
Sit in a meditative posture. Close your eyes. Visualize your New Year's Samkalpa on the screen of your mind. Chant the following mantra 27 times:
Om Trum Atma

"Ohm Troom Aht-mah"

Happy New Year!!

Blessings and Namaste,

Anna

No comments: