Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Practice Yoga to Deal With The Four Aggravations

From Tommy Rosen, www.tommyrosen.com: "In the two decades that I have been living recovery, I have come to view addiction as a human condition, not limited to any class of people and inclusive of just about everyone walking this planet. I actually feel that addiction is that widespread and quite misunderstood, especially in some of its less visible forms. I ask a lot of people what their addiction is. Many of them say they don’t have one. Then I give them my definition of addiction: Any behavior that you continue to engage in despite the negative consequences that the behavior leaves in its wake. If you are not addicted to any of The Big 5 – drugs, alcohol, food, sex or money, then you might be struggling with what I call The 4 Aggravations: Resentment, Negative Thinking, Self-Doubt and Procrastination. These “less harmful” addictions sap us of our energy, cause lots of damage and must be faced in order for us to live a life of fulfillment and to heal ourselves and the world."

No comments: